• Log In
  • Register

How to trade the US electrical plugs to the EU version?

Forum Search


  • Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed


KarmAngel 7 months ago

Hi every1 ^_^

So i'm planning to buy all the hardware and stuff from the US and ship to my country in the EU.

But, on the case of power supply, monitor and the computer speakers, they will have the US electrical plugs, which sucks in terms of compability...

So, what should i do? Buy the hardware here in the EU is crazy because they are ridiculous expensive!

Any sugestions?

Comments Sorted by:

Root_User 2 points 7 months ago

As far as the PSU and monitor go, ensure that they support a 220/230V input (some PSUs will have a switch at the back that you'll need to change to 220/230V instead of 110/115V). Then make sure you have an appropriate IEC cable for your country's electrical outlets.

For the speakers, you'll still need to make sure the voltage for the AC adapter is appropriate, though they probably won't use an IEC cable. Are the speakers you want really that expensive in the EU?

KarmAngel submitter 1 point 7 months ago

It has ( Input Voltage: 100V - 240V ) so i'm cool. Source: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00002920

I think the speakers will be also fine ( they are the Logitech G560 0.24W 2.1ch ).

I might as well just buy an electrical plug converter for europe... i saw these, so another thing for the shopping list https://www.amazon.com/American-European-Germany-Adapters-Certified/dp/B0058EG0KC/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1529161390&sr=8-18&keywords=electrical+plug+converter+for+europe

And yes. Not only the speakers but also the rest of the hardware... Even on the richiest european countries, prices are crazy but for my "luck", i'm in one of the "getting out of poor" countries which is kinda more difficult because the prices here are crazy expensive considering the salaries. I'm almost ending university and to get a job, but i'm saving money and working during holidays to get some extra cash, to fullfill a long time ambitious overkill dream... It compensates if i buy everything from Amazon.us and pay to bring them to my country (unfortunately)

Shakaron 4 Builds 2 points 7 months ago

You can always order a USA socket multiplier and use a single EU to USA socket adaptor. So you can keep the USA cables and need to use only one adaptor.

At least that's what I did when I moved cross borders. :)

Shakaron 4 Builds 2 points 7 months ago

These plug converters look all right.

As for the socket multipliers, you could go with something cheaper, like thes. I doubt you will need all 16 sockets you've linked. :D

KarmAngel submitter 1 point 7 months ago

Yeah XD You are right. By the way, just to end this chat, how do you make some words as links (like you did with "plug converters" and "thes")?

Shakaron 4 Builds 1 point 7 months ago

Press on the REPLY button as normally you'd do, then look at the Formatting Help in the bottom right corner, just below the text box you're typing. ;)

KarmAngel submitter 1 point 7 months ago

Ah... That was so easy and i didn't manage to discover it... Only me XD

Anyway, thanks for the help and here's your prize