• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 10 months ago

Oh, my God. I have been dealing with impacted molars for a few months. Have an appointment with an oral surgeon for extraction, but damn has it been hurting lately. I think the damn thing got infected because I woke up today with a tremendous pain in my jaw coupled with a sore throat (side of my throat that the tooth is on, and the side I sleep on). Pretty much drinking to dull the pain (not a fan of drinking).

Anyone else deal with extreme tooth pain at any point? Any recommendations? I think I'm about to go gargle some warm salt water.

Comments Sorted by:

sparky@intel 1 Build 2 points 10 months ago

Motrin can help. Just make sure you eat something before you take it.

Tylenol can help as well. Do not take any Tylenol until you are sober. If you do, then you have just OD’ed on acitomophem.

Source: Mom is a nurse.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 10 months ago

If you do, then you have just OD’ed on acitomophem

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Well, at least not with only a moderate amount to drink. AFAIK, alcohol merely decreases the maximum daily milligram intake of acetometaphin. It doesn't result in an instant blockage in the liver or an OD. I could be mistaken, though. I'll try the Motrin, though!

PCPPAccountant 2 points 10 months ago

33 seconds in Tragik, you're welcome! : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhVUgde_lNY

Hope you feel better man

Man, that seems so viable right now, lol. As it stands I'm dousing the pain with whiskey, lol. It works, but not as well as I would like. Can't get them extracted until the 5th of July... ugh

romanvalkre 4 Builds 2 points 10 months ago

Your dentist is making you wait that long... Have you told them the pain has gone up? If they are in fact infected he may need you to be taking antibiotics right now, and could give you something other than booze for the pain.

Assuming you have not talked to him get on the phone, if you have and he has not done anything... find a new dentist.

The problem is that it has to be with a dental surgeon for extraction. And, on top of this, they just called me to tell me I'm out of network and it would be 1900...so, I have to fly to Vegas, lol.

romanvalkre 4 Builds 1 point 10 months ago

That sucks dude, very sorry. Your insurance company website may have a dr. finder that can help find you someone who is in network closer. That's the best I got, hope you find some relief sooner rather than later!

PCPPAccountant 2 points 10 months ago

Damn that sucks man, eat some pudding, jello, and applesauce.

tiny_voices 4 Builds 2 points 10 months ago

Is this an insurance issue? Usually people have no trouble getting in within a week or so of pain for this kind of deal.

No, it's a dental surgeon, so the wait times longer, unfortunately. Also, they just let me know they are out of network so I have to fly out to Vegas to get it worked on. :(

tiny_voices 4 Builds 2 points 10 months ago

Thats what i'm talking about. An oral surgeon shouldn't take more than a week to get into.

Why is your insurance not have in network doctors in driving range? Thats super odd.

It's my mother's plan. And, she lives in Vegas while i live in Missouri. The plan is an awesome one, but not very far reaching.

[comment deleted by staff]