add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Time Pc Builder Please Help :( EZ Debug LED Red

Rg2kool
  • 20 months ago

Okay so let me start by saying this is my very first PC I've ever built so stand by me if I've done anything wrong here. Also sorry for the long post. I've done tons of research and have picked out the parts listed below:

EVGA Gtx 1060 SSC(plan on upgrading in the future) MSI B350 motherboard tomahawk Artic edition Ryzen 5 2600 NZXT Aer RGB 140mm fans x4 Corsair Vengeance 16G 3200mh DDR4 ram Corsair 80+ bronze 750w fully modular power supply Samsung 1Tb ssd drive Barracuda 2Tb solid state drive All built in the Inwin 303

Okay anyway so I've assembled everything to the best of my ability have my wired neatly tucked away and hiden, but my problem starts with when I go to power the system on the Ez Debug Led for the Cpu turned and stays red. All the fans and other components are working (fans spin even on graphics card and leds turn on). I also get no signal to my monitor meaning I cant troubleshoot through the BIOS or update the BIOS just yet. I tried taking the Cpu cooler off reseated the Cpu made sure there were no broken or bent pins and it all seemed fine till I tried turning the system on yet again. Now both the DRAM and CPU ez debug lights are red. Is there something I'm missing or maybe did something incorrect to be getting this problem? i looked up the debug led on the manual and all it says that it light indicates components either not being detected or fail but nothing further. Please any help is really appreciated thanks in advance.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

My first thought would be the motherboard needs a BIOS update to support that processor.

You will need a supported processors to update the BIOS.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I was hoping that it wouldn't be that lol. Is there anyway to update the BIOS without using another CPU? I really would like to avoid wasting more money on another CPU that I won't end up using besides to update the bios :/

Update: reset bios on motherboard and it cleared the DRAM ez debug light. CPU ez debug led is still on.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I just read a few of the recent Amazon reviews. Several people say it doesn't work with 2nd gen Ryzen out of the box. You can get a boot kit from AMD. https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx Scroll down to Short Term Processor Loan "Boot Kit."

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube