add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will not post, r5 2600x and asrock

johnboy797

20 months ago

Just put it all together and it will not post. I've got the asrock ab350m pro4, ryzen 5 2600x, msi rx 580, TridentZ 2x 8 F4-3200 DDR. 550 power supply. I have power to the board? cpu fun runs, psu fan runs and graphics card fan runs. I do not see and lights on the mother board anywhere to indicate power to the board but, not sure where to look or if the board even has led lights onboard? Any ideas would be great as I am lost now.

I forgot to mention when I power it up, all looks good at first, maybe 30 to 45 secs then it will restart, endless loop. p.s. board shipped as ryzen ready stamped on the box.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

board shipped as ryzen ready stamped on the box.

That program is only valid for the 2200G/2400G and doesn't apply to the 2000 series CPU.

You need a BIOS update for the motherboard to properly work.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It is suppose to be 2000 ready, I even called the seller, newegg and they assured me it was all good.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It is 2000 series ready.

That program was put in place for the APU launch (2200G/2400G) not the 2000 series CPU however.

There is no 2000 series ready program for the CPU (2600/2600X/2700/2700X) and you need BIOS update for them to be compatible, and when newer versions launch of the 2000 series you will need further updates to have compatibility.

The 300 series motherboards all ended production well before the APU or CPU launched because of downturns in the market for sales leaving a massive surplus of older motherboards. And 400 series products are the only sure way to get a motherboard which is 2000 series CPU compatible out of box.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube