add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bootloop on new PC build

project_GALACTUS

20 months ago

Having some issues with my first build. Installed everything (with the exception of RBG led controller, need to get an NZXT usb header to get an extra USB 2.0 slot) and wanted to do a test boot to make sure everyone works. Plugged in the power and booted the system up. The AIO, RAM, and GPU light up but after 15-20 seconds the system would shut off then turn back on resulting in a boot loop. There's no signal to the monitor and I cannot access the BIOS at all. Removed the GPU and connected my monitor to the mobo HDMI port, same result.

Had a friend look over all my connections and said everything looked good. Did try different RAM slot configurations (as well as only using 1 stick) but still no luck. The only thing I can think of is a RAM compatibility issue as it is not on the mobo approved list as well as listed here on PCPartPicker.

Here's a link to the RAM I bought from Fry's: https://www.frys.com/product/9513612?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Please help! Really want to get this build up and running!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor Purchased For $199.00
CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Purchased For $156.29
Motherboard ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Purchased For $149.27
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $122.45
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card Purchased For $569.99
Case NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $47.99
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $79.99
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $95.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Corsair - LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.2 CFM 120mm Fans Purchased For $98.21
Monitor Dell - SE2717H 27.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor Purchased For $129.99
Keyboard Corsair - K70 LUX RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard Purchased For $109.99
Mouse Logitech - MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse Purchased For $89.99
Other Sony SSCS5 3-Way 3-Driver Bookshelf Speaker System (Black) $148.00
Other Patriot Viper LED White DDR4 3200 Mhz 16gb (2 x 8gb) Purchased For $139.99
Other Patriot Viper LED White DDR4 3200 Mhz 16gb (2 x 8gb) Purchased For $139.99
Other Dell 23' S2340 Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2287.03
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $2277.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-26 14:40 EDT-0400

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking up the part number for that memory shows many other people have had similar problems with it. I would take it back to Fry's and get ram that's on the compatibility list.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn I got the memory almost 3 months ago and finally started building this past weekend. Don't think they'll take a return for it.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Another option is find a MB that has that ram on the compatibility list and return the one you have.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

You could try ordering a motherboard speaker, they cost ~5 dollars. Maybe that'd help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube