add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bad performance?

Imkirby

20 months ago

Hello Everyone!

This is my current build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Imkirby/saved/kc4FdC , I am having a lot of issues with my games crashing/freezing up my entire PC, I am not getting many error messages, usually just a total computer freeze or restart. I play stuff like Fallout 4, PubG, Civ VI, Rust and Hitman. haveing iusses with all games. Also, I am trying to game in 4K, I thought with the two 1070ti Id at least get a smooth 40fps, I am lucky if i hover around 35 with lots of drops below that. Just looking for opinions really. Have a great day!.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

6th gen i5 and 1070 is not going to get you 40fps at 4k at highest settings. Get a better CPU and you will get better frame rates. Right now, your CPU is a bottleneck. Check your performance monitor and make sure your CPU is not at 100% while you are playing with those settings.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't trust that PSU, especially for a dual-GPU system. If you are getting system instability under load, I'd first replace that power supply with something more reputable.

There are plenty of good PSU options out there, but there's also a lot of questionable/junk ones.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qn7v6h/seasonic-focus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fm

If you'd prefer a fully-modular unit, consider the Seasonic Focus Plus (Gold/Platinum) line or EVGA's G2/G3 lines. The G1+ (NOT the NEX/G1) units are also good, but are often expensive for what they are.

As far as performance goes, if the system is only for gaming, a single 1080ti could be a better choice than two 1070tis in SLI, depending on which games you play. Not all games offer very good support for SLI.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Got new EVGA G3 as suggested and everything works like a dream now! Thank you for the suggestion.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

No problem, hope things keep working well!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube