add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Ilovepcs10382094819
  • 20 months ago

This is a 500$ build that failed.It wont boot and i dont know how to fix it. My parts are :Cpu:amd ryzen 5 2400g ,ram:PNY anachary 16gb 8x2,mobo:gigbyte GA-A320M, psu: evga 500 80+ Storage:Western Digital 1tb hd,kingston 120gb ssd,case Vivo 06

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello! We can better help you if you give more details. Do the fans spin at all? If they do, do they stop at some point or keep spinning? Are there any Debug LED's or a code on the motherboard? Thanks in advance :)

The problem is very likely an outdated BIOS. You will need to obtain a boot kit from AMD (basically a cheap processor and some instructions for flashing a new BIOS that you need to return). No matter what LED code you get on the motherboard, unless it has a sticker on the box saying it is updated for Raven Ridge (2nd gen Ryzen), directly obtain a boot kit, as an outdated BIOS is likely the problem.

However, it is always convenient to spend an hour or two on troubleshooting (assuming you haven't done that already) before making the order on a bootkit. Use one stick of RAM only. Remove all PCi-E cards. Make sure all power, data, and other cables are plugged in firmly. Only plug in your SSD, not your HDD. Make sure your power supply is not faulty.

Copy pasted from AMD website:

To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:

1. Go to the AMD online warranty claims page: https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma
  2. Fill in your full contact and product details (2nd Gen Ryzen Processor OPN number and serial number)
  3. In the Problem Description field enter "Boot kit Required" (without quotes)

Obtained from: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Well for one i know my power supply isnt the problem i tested it before i put it in and secont the pc wont turn on at all

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It might be the motherboard becuase i tested all the parts so it might be an outdated motherboard

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the detailed reply! :)

Yes, so your best bet would be to contact the Mobo manufacturer for an updated motherboard, or obtain a bootkit from AMD (instructions above).

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thank you

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Shows like a BIOS comparability issue. But, you can still try these troubleshooting steps before ordering the BIOS Kit from AMD. https://blog.nzxt.com/guides/pc-wont-turn-on/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube