add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MOBO and RAM issue (potentially)

JerkChicken
  • 20 months ago

Hey guys and gals,

Last night I managed to finish my first PC build in over 10 years (yippeee) but ran into a few problems.

My system: Cooler Master Q300L case ASUS Prime B350M-A MOBO AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/iGPU G.Skillz Trident 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM Corsair VS450 80+ Bronze PSU 1x 120GB SSD 1x 1TB HDD

However, I have ran into a few problems #SadFace

Problem 1: Bios is only recognising 2133MHz.

Problem 2: Using Bios overclock only manages 2800MHz and anything above that causes the computer to shut down and reset 3x during boot up... usually about 5-10 seconds after powering on.

FYI: - I was one of the lucky ones who’s Ryzen chip worked with the MOBO straight out of the box but I still updated the bios to the latest version still. - AMD drivers updated to the latest version (including graphics). - Windows 10 all updates are latest versions. - ASUS website says that the RAM is supported up to 3000MHz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.s - I will be upgrading my CPU/GPU/PSU in roughly 3-4 months time when I move back to the UK.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Problem solved!

I was using DIMM slots A1&A2 instead of slots A1&B1.

PC now fully recognised my 3000MHz of RAM without any crashes

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube