add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan speed adjustment

craggle58

71 months ago

I have an Akasa Nero 3 cpu cooler on an Asus Z87-K mobo with an I5 4670K cpu. The fan speed in the bios is showing just 480rpm. The specified range for the cooler is supposed to be 500-1500rpm. I have tried altering the fan modes from silent to standard/turbo but the fan speed stays the same. The cpu temperature is ok at 27C but I plan to overclock in the future and will require the higher fan speeds. Any suggestions? It is supposed to be a PWM controlled fan-what exactly does this mean?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Since it's Asus board you should have AI Suite 2 or 3. Use that to control your fan speeds.

Is your fan connected to a motherboard fan header? Since it's the CPU Fan plug it into CPU fan header. If you don't already have AI Suite installed, type your motherboard into Google and download AI Suite from Asus' website.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the AI suite part of the BIOS or will it be a program file?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

it is a utility that is accessed from the operating system. it should be on the driver disk if not go to the website and download it

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have installed the AI suite from my motherboard disc. In fan expert it is showing 700rpm and 24C. Should I run the tuning program?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the cpu frequency supposed to fluctuate?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

absolutely this will let you computer know what the operating ranges are of the fans

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

it will also set the appropriate fan curves

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The tuning results show cpu benchmark 0.17(C/W). Max speed 1557 min speed 471 controllable range 31-100%. Will the fan now automatically adjust according to demands? What is the difference between green and blue readings.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube