add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build keeps crashing!!!

Sam-300

19 months ago

Hi all, hoping one of you can help me out..

Have just completed my 1st ever pc build and was very happy with it.. has been working fine up until the heatwave we're now having..

Everytime I played battlefront 2 after half way through a game my TV would go blank and all the fans would rev up to the max and I'd have crash my pc and start it up again to get back on it.

After some research I thought it may be a driver problem but having uninstalled and reinstalled the display driver I still had the same problem. After checking my other drivers I found my corsair h100i V2 wasn't installed properly so reinstalled this.

When idle all my temps are around 34c however when i boot up battlefront 2 I can see my the temps all seem to skyrocket to 60c so I'm assuming its turning off as a safety thing however I'm struggling to find a fan config that will resolve this? Or if there is something else i am missing?

Could anyone help me out with a fan config that would be ideal or any other solutions please? Your help will be much appreciated

Sam

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £277.97 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £97.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £116.79 @ Alza
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £185.00 @ Aria PC
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £82.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.74 @ Aria PC
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card £499.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Case Inwin - 303 White ATX Mid Tower Case £84.99 @ Ebuyer
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £79.98 @ Amazon UK
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter £29.39 @ Aria PC
Case Fan Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan £21.99 @ Corsair UK
Case Fan Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan £21.99 @ Corsair UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1533.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-01 11:58 BST+0100

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

60c or even 70c is perfectly fine for your CPU while gaming but have you checked the temps of other parts like the Graphics card and Motherboard?

You can use programs like SIVX64, HWinfo64, HWMonitor to track the temps of parts besides the CPU.

You can use MSI Afterburner to track the temps and clock speeds of your Graphics card. You can even use it to set a fan curve for your card. I have the Armor RX 580 and it seems to do fine but it's not as good as my RX 580 Gaming X. I don't know how the Armor cooler would do with a GTX 1080 but I can't imagine it being bad enough to cause the system to crash.

Try looking up the Windows Event Viewer to see if you can find any hints or clues.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU: Average Temperature for a Core i7 is 50c -63c.

If not an overheating issue with GPU, then possibly unstable Ram.

Use Memtest to check you Ram, run each test a minimum of 4 loops.

Test one stick of Ram at a time in each slot.

Are Ram speeds still set at factory clock in BIOS ?

Stress test CPU

Make sure BIOS and all other drivers are updated. Update Windows

Make Sure Smooth Network Connection on the Computer

Reinstall the Game or Install the Game Updates to Fix the Games Crash

Check game settings

Use Windows 10 - DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Disable Gaming Recording Feature

GPU: Leave fan/s settings to auto

Reinstall the Windows ( One of the last things to try, it's just on the check list)

Swap out PSU

Check Device Manager for Driver issues

Check for Viruses

You did remember to apply thermal paste while installing CPU ?

You can Google how to set case fan curve settings

Well, there's a few things to try.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Try downloading and running NZXT cam. This software will tell you if your PC is overheating, and you can set up custom fan curves using it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube