add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Problems related to CPU

DUX_LUDOS
  • 20 months ago

Activated my PC to test before installing Windows. Fans for the CPU cooler, case, and GPU work. But the display won't show and there are red strobes marked for CPU and my RAM. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a link to the list. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3L2jnH

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Please consult the manual where to install the RAM and retest it. Try installing only 1 RAM module, and see if it makes any difference.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

There are red strobes marked for CPU and my RAM ?

Is GPU power cable connected from PSU,

Check all cable connections, R&R, all cables.

Make sure 8 pin power cable is plugged in correctly and not plugged in backwards.

Remove all butt one Ram stick and test in each slot.

Remove GPU, reboot and see if you have VGA graphics.

Remove A/C power cable and press front case power for 30 seconds. Plug power back in.

R&R CMOS battery, leave out for 30 seconds.

Make sure CPU is install correctly.

Try different GPU, PSU, Monitor and Monitor cable.

Plug Monitor directly into Motherboard video port.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried the first two suggestions but there seems to be no power cable for my GPU, which is the 1050ti. Thought there was but no.

[comment deleted]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

My error, please disregard. The 1050TI has a 75watt power requirement. The PCI-E lane on the motherboard provides 75 watts of power, so no 6-pin PSU connector on this card.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube