• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

jakeSpot 5 months ago

Today it was around 112F/44C in the Los Angeles area and I was BOILING ALIVE outside. Like the wind blowing on your face was so hot it hurt. I like to overreact (haha) but I felt like I was about to die when I stepped in the car.

https://imgur.com/oUNFXCI

So what's the hottest temps you guys have felt?

Comments Sorted by:

Silicon_Shadow 1 Build 13 points 5 months ago

My fx cpu.

jakeSpot submitter 2 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Lol what were the temps you reached on that? (Did it even come with a stock cooler?)

Love the jokes BTW

Silicon_Shadow 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

lol 100*C

EagleByte 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

100 C?!? That's insane!

Nullarc77 3 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

110f with 90% humidity. Still played football.

Still played football.

Lol standing in the shade was enough for me yesterday; can't imagine what that felt like :0

Zeromus725 6 points 5 months ago

Nullarc77 is a tank.

EagleByte 1 Build 2 points 5 months ago

He is (that's a compliment)

PhantomStorm 2 points 5 months ago

high humidity = shade doesn't matter anymore. It's hot regardless

Zeromus725 1 point 5 months ago

What?

DopeAF123 1 point 5 months ago

The hottest I've been in was maybe about 102 F here in Florida. It's actually been kinda cool here compared to other states in my city. Right now it hangs at around 80-95 f during the day and sometimes reaches 60 at night. The humidity of Florida makes the weather feel a lot worse IMO, I was recently in a state up north and one day the temperature was at 96 f and it did not feel hot at all, and the occasional breeze just felt really nice.

Haha humidity makes temperature unbearable, very true. Don't you hate that feeling when you're just sitting around outside, but your shirt is already soaked?

DopeAF123 1 point 5 months ago

I am one of those people who can eat a lot and don't gain fat easily and I don't sweat much so I can't relate much lol but it is a pain, the humidity sometimes makes me feel lightheaded.

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

I spent one summer in Saudi, i am not sure what the high temps are. But pretty sure that is the hottest i have ever been

DopeAF123 2 points 5 months ago

I hear temperatures over near that area are going past 120 F right now, that's crazy!

jakeSpot submitter 2 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

Yeah I heard that it's one of the hottest places in the world! Wonder how you even keep cool at that point.

Just out of curiosity, where specifically did you visit?

floridaboz 4 Builds 2 points 5 months ago

I was in the military at the time, and i was at Eskan Village, a base right outside of Riyadh. I am from Florida, so 90% with humidity feels hotter than 110 degree in Saudi. The big issues i had was just skin being so dry even with long sleeves on. I stayed as cool as i could by just drinking water. It got pretty missable at times, but after a while, just like Florida, you just get used to it. It is still annoying, but after a few weeks, you just kind of go out there and do your job.

One thing you do learn over there is to not drink things that will dehydrate you, it takes more of a affect on your body over there than it would in the United states or other parts of the world.

hirokie 1 point 5 months ago

In Japan, no AC, 70-80 degrees but with 100% humidity.

Ah that humidity must be unbearable! Do people get used to it quickly?

hirokie 1 point 5 months ago

Pretty much, but as an American I can never get used to it, even though I go there every year.

Bartholemew 1 point 5 months ago

Probably about 49 degrees Celsius here in oz. The heat was so unbearable I literally just sat there doing nothing and drinking coca cola.

sat there doing nothing and drinking coca cola.

Haha I can just picture that in my head!

Sorry I'm not very familiar with this, but does 'oz' mean Australia?

Bartholemew 1 point 5 months ago

Yes, you would be correct. :)

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

IDK, like maybe 112-115F with high humidity.

Ouch! Humidity is always the things that kills me.

MannyPCs 1 point 5 months ago

Probably 45c or 113f when I visited Sevilla in spain,v except it was dry as a bone there.

Yeah, the pure dryness can make it just as uncomfortable as high humidity!

MannyPCs 1 point 5 months ago

I actually didn't mind it much, as long as you stay hydrated, wear sunblock and stay in the shade when you can you can manage, I still find that better than humid heat which you can't avoid.

Adrew24 1 Build 1 point 5 months ago

I live CT, and at one point last week it as something like 98. That was insane. My friend and I were building a zipline, but we had to quit after 5 minutes.

Building a zipline sounds pretty cool! Did you guys finish it in the end?

Cobyfield 1 point 5 months ago

37 degrees is pretty average during an Australian summer. It's nearly that everyday for Northern Territory folk.

Hottest I've had in south-west Victoria is roughly 45-46 degrees. It's ******. Highest recorded last year was 49-50 degrees iirc.

I'd rather it be almost as "dry as a bone" than humid, can't escape the stickiness, etc. My dad told me a story from when he went to Greece back in the day, you could jump in the ocean, fully clothed, get out and 5 minutes later you'd be perfectly dry it was that hot.

My city is just the shittest place for weather, we pendulum between extremes during autumn/spring and it's so, damn, windy a lot of the time.

My city is just the shittest place for weather, we pendulum between extremes during autumn/spring and it's so, damn, windy a lot of the time.

The constant switching of the weather is what kills me lol. Southern California is actually relatively mild compared to other places in terms of year-round weather, so I can't really complain.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

I live in North Idaho, as I said. Average temperatures in the summer here are around high 70s/Low 80s during the hotter parts of the day.

I just got back from Vegas about a Week ago. I attended an outdoor music festival in 110 degree heat. It was hotter than anything I'd ever experienced.

I attended an outdoor music festival in 110 degree heat.

shudders When it's crowded, and you can't move, and the sun is shining on your head and burning your hair off, it must be horrible. I haven't gone to many concerts but thankfully they were all indoor.

it was the Van's Warped Tour. They had about 8,000 people crammed into 2 city blocks. 4 Free water pumps for the entire festival. ******* stupidly organized, especially with water distribution.

I had 3 people collapse on me from heat exhaustion.

That's horrible! Did anybody sue the festival in the end?

Not that I've heard.

MichelWeber 1 point 5 months ago

Each time I take a pizza out of the oven - its like a blast of hot air!!

Haha very true! I find it very difficult to take stuff out of my oven because of this.

Wolfemane 7 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Back in the early 2000’s there where fires raging all around RENO, NV. The smoke created a nasty layer that hung over the valley for almost two months in the middle of the summer. Temps went over 120f with 0 air movement and no rain. Face masks were required and ash fell like snow. It was awful. I moved to the NW shortly after that. Most miserable I’d ever been.

Ouch! That sounds miserable! I'm quite sensitive to dust and other particles like smoke so I probably wouldn't have taken it as well as you. I'm glad you got out of there though.

Wolfemane 7 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

Heat used to never bother me. Spent a great deal of my youth in the Nevada/California deserts. Now though, 75f and I’ve got the AC on. Humidity doesn’t bother me much, and I wish it rained even more than it does here in The Pacific NW.

Haha I love the rain too! Glad the weather's fair.

Last August here in Spain was ~100° F daily. Some days it was hotter, like, 110°. The humidity was pretty low, though.

Haha if it's that hot continuously it must be pretty annoying. Did you guys have AC there?

Yea, our house has AC. Many of them don't, though.

Dtwenty 1 point 5 months ago

Ha, well, if you have not been to yet you should give the state i live in a try (FL) where i am it does get hot ( around 100F ) but then add in 80% humidity and it's just disgusting. Sometimes ( like in Aug/Sept ) the humidity is so thick and muggy the air you try to breath in is so warm and thick you can actually feel the sluggish weight of the air itself fill into your lungs, it can feel suffocating and at times impossible to get away from while out and about.

I honestly don't know exactly how hot I have been subject to but just saying "FL" and "August" in the same sentence speaks volumes.

:)

Ouch! That sounds awful to live through! Do you guys have the AC on all the time during August and September?

Its on all year round except at night in the "winter".

What is this 'winter' thing you speak of?

/s

January - February lol

AwesomeBuilderXE1901 3 Builds 1 point 5 months ago

like 45c i believe that was one of the hottest summers and i dont have climate control rip

Ouch! Hope you found a way to stay cool!

G_I_L 1 point 5 months ago

104F/40C, for the Netherlands that's quite extreme, seeing as a few years back we'd freeze to death in winter but also in summer! Can we get a yay for climate change?

(Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it stayed around 30 degrees in summer and 0-5 degrees in winter. I hate the cold, even though 30C makes me unwell, I prefer it over cold temps and lots of rain. The 'heat sickness' only lasts a couple of days anyway)

PhantomStorm 1 point 5 months ago

Here in ohio it tops out at like 100 to 110 degrees F, but it's the humidity that gets you. I've been all over the country, florida, texas, arizona, cali, but the notoriously hot areas are usually more of a dry heat, but here it's so humid your sweat just won't evaporate and only cooks you more, and there is rarely even a hint of a breeze. In buildings that don't do anything about the humidity but are air conditioned, you may find that your arms stick to solid surfaces and over time a good pool of water/sweat accumulates at your arms in cooler buildings (around 60 degrees) because of the humidity. Even AC doesn't make you any less miserable here. At least you guys are lucky to have a dry heat.

Isaac1995 1 point 5 months ago

Traveled to Portugal a couple weeks ago, and the temp was at 35°C with 75% humidity when I first got there. Cooled down later but having shorts, sunglasses, and sandals was definitely nice.

Nuckles_56 4 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

I went and had to deal with 50C out at Bourke in Australia, that was insane, and I don't want to be out in that again as that was far to hot and I regularly deal with 40-42 degrees in the summer

[comment deleted]

Just out of curiosity, where specifically did you visit with those kinds of temperatures?

[comment deleted]

That's one hell of a city name! (I woke up and saw this in my inbox and was so confused lol)

[comment deleted]

Ouch! Low humidity can sometimes be as painful as high humidity...

[comment deleted]

Hmm... that's a weird way to spell space heater... </sarcasm>

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Ouch! Extreme cold also gets me just as bad! Lol here the winters rarely go below 50F.

[comment deleted by staff]