add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Display Setup Trouble

MambaRanger

19 months ago

Hey, speaking on behalf of my friend regarding his situation:

First i will list the specs:

Windows NT 6.2

AMD FX 8350 (4018MHz) x4

SLI-capable Nvdia GeForce GTX 970 24.21.13.9836 (4095 MB) x2

Nvidia Graphic Settings Used For Uni Engine 4.0 Benchmark Settings:

Direct3D 11

1920x1080 8xAA Fullscreen

Preset:Custom

Graphic:Ultra

Multi-monitor: Wall 2x1

Tessellation: Extreme

Display Monitor Model: ASUS BX228 (x2)

The Results given after the test was completed thru the Uni Engine 4.0:

FPS: 27.0

Min FPS: 16.7

Max FPS: 58.4

The two display monitors link up for the overall picture during the benchmark, but are not SLI-connected during it. I stood there watching it as he activated the SLI option, only for it to focus with one display, turning the other off. He is attempting to do video game streams, with the other screen set up for twitch chat and moderation of discord if needed. He's been at this for a few weeks...and it frustrates him to no end. To the glancing eye, it looks and runs fine (to me), but it is not my computer, and he is wishes to have the ideal workstation realized with his monitors and dual graphics cards.

Please advise if there is a way to set up his computer to ensure his ideal setup or if he has to tackle this differently than normal.

Thanks (bow)

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

If your friend intends to use the 970s in SLI, both monitors must be connected to one card (typically that which is in the physical PCIe x16 slot closest to the CPU).

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

he attempted that about twenty minutes ago, and it lead to a double blue screen restart (blue screen into restart into blue screen into restart)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the SLI configuration stable with only one monitor?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

the configuration is disabled when he uses each monitor separately for each card.

its stable with just one, but turns off the the other display.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

unforunately neither myself or my friend understand what you mean by that. Please explain.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Entirely disconnect one monitor from the system.

Try using the system with the GTX 970 cards in SLI and the one remaining monitor.

Does this configuration run properly?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

He has tried but it results in blue screens for him and as of today, leads to one or the other cards not working for him entirely.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube