add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEW PC BUILD SYSTEM SHUTDOWN HELP

xCaptianBx

19 months ago

Hey guys, First time builder from AUS, built my pc last week using these parts https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vbQRFt. Super happy with it for the most parts except one thing that's been happening while playing games. Over the weekend I spent about 30 Hours giving it a good test out playing rust. Was getting about 100 fps and was really happy with the gameplay. What my issue is at what seems to be random times the screen will go black and all fans will rev up. I'm still connected to discord and can hear game music but no screen and have to restart to work again. It seems to happen completely random and also I've been monitoring my gpu temp and it is only around 65(degrees celcius). I have not done a bios update but will be doing so tonight. It happened maybe 6-7 times over the weekend and like I said never consistent to when it happens. Could be on for 5 hours and not happen then happen twice within an hour.

If anyone could help that would be amazing!

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

try deactivating the eco power management bs (the setting that puts your system to sleep)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your reply guys!! Did some more trouble shooting yesterday as it got worse and would not even let me load the game. So firstly it is only the graphics card fans that ramp up which leads me to two things from what I read. 1) PSU issure 2) Graphics card issue. What seems weird is it has not happened on pubg yet which is weird as I thought it would be a more high demanding game. Also after it happened last night I took the gpu out reconnected the pcie cable and also changed to hdmi instead of dvi. Have not had a crash yet touch wood but still not confident on the fix. Will be looking at doing some stress tests soon as I want to make sure its %100 good while im in warranty period.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube