add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sorry ram speed help and windows boot .

Stiky01

19 months ago

Hey at bios stage. Msi tomohawk ryzen 5 .My ram speed is only 2133 it is 3000mhz . Is this normal. And what do i do next i have a usb of windows so i set boot priority to usb ?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Recommend that you first install Windows from the USB before configuring your RAM.

Don’t change your boot priority. Just follow this link and go to “Step 3” and follow the instructions to install Windows. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/install-windows-from-a-usb-flash-drive

After you get Windows up and running, then you can go back to bios and configure A-XMP to set your RAM to DDR4-3000 speed. Yes, it’s normal that the RAM will default to DDR4-2133 out of the box until you configure XMP (think of XMP as overclocking your RAM).

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok yep i have got windows running. No back in bios i change xamp1 and the first ram then xamp2 and the 2nd ram ? Then i restart the cpu? This is where im lost lol

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=286610.0

Instructions on how to overclock ram either using A-XMP, manual configuration, or by using Memory Try It

I recommend starting with using A-XMP and trying Profile #1. If that is stable, then go back and try A-XMP Profile #2.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube