add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water Cooling vs Fan

NathanN

71 months ago

Topic title says all, honestly.

So I've built my computer and now I need to give it some upgrades. I bought the wrong kind of heatsink for my pc so I had to use my crappy stock fan. I need a change asap.

Should I go with a liquid cooling system or should I get a nice fan? I'm really wanting to keep the cost around 60-50 dollars. Is there anything anyone can suggest? I want to have the possibility of overclocking in the future. I have a 4770k.

Thanks.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hyper 212 all day. There is a reason why it's so popular. If you want, you can pick up a couple SP fans to help a little. I believe Amazon has a 2 pack for about $25.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050007ww

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'm gonna keep those in mind.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You probably won't get a decent liquid cooling setup with 50-60 bucks. Stick with the hyper 212 evo, or if you want a higher end solution, a Noctua or Phanteks

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What liquid cooling system would you recommend? If not 50-60, maybe at least 100?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua for sure

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

EDIT: sorry didn't see the "liquid cooling part" At that price range, I'd stick with air cooling. The only AIO I might consider is the H100, H105, H110, anything with a dual radiator.

[comment deleted]
  • 71 months ago
  • -2 points

Hello friends,

EK Water blocks is one of the famous and leading company for manufactured the liquid for cooling the system. Now, water cooling, Fan for air cooling are putting inside the system but i don't know, which is better for cooling the system rapidly?If you know that, please sharing with us.

Best regards Andrew Collins

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube