• No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

RainOfPain125 8 months ago

Fan only

Comments Sorted by:

xPat 3 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

You know you can't overclock with a b360 mobo...

Edition1 2 points 8 months ago

Save yourself some money and go with the 8400. Or even the 8600 even though it's bad value and you should go for the 8400, it's better value than an 8600k if you aren't overclocking it... Then put the saved money into the rest of the build like gpu.

Edition1 1 point 8 months ago

As for cooler the m9i will do, but if you want very quiet than I suggest the Mugen 5 Rev. B

esotken 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

what case do you have? What is the height limit?

Do you have tall RAM modules?

Your case has a limit of 161mm for CPU cooler space, that makes many very tight fits.

This one will work well though, the Scythe Mugen 5 REv B. Its only 154mm tall.

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 8 months ago

Can you suggest a cheap case that may be bigger? All it needs is easy cable management, compartment for PSU, and a side panel. Fans included would be nice aswell.

crichardson26 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago

Well to be fair the scythe mugen 5 rev b is the one I would suggest and I'm assuming esotken would as well no matter the restrictions as long as its big enough. The Mugen imo is the best air cooler for your money out there. It's like a noctua but cheaper and looks better imo.

what is your definition of cheap? $50 or less?

BetrayedPredator 1 point 8 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/Y6Crxr,p8x2FT,w766Mp/

Fractal Design Meshify C

NZXT H500

Fractal Design P350x

Meshify C is generally a lot cheaper, so I would look at the other colors / sites to make sure its not just an overprice

JimmyBoyUSA 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

Couple things about your build to think about.

You can’t overlclock with a b360 board. If you don’t want to get a Z370 board get a i5 8400 instead.

Don’t worry about thermal paste. The coolers recommended below all come with good paste.

The M2 drive you have selected is an amazing drive but completely unnecessary for a home gaming build (assuming that’s what it is). A regular SSD is half the price and will perform almost identically for what you will be using it for (booting up PC and loading games).

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 8 months ago

I didn't want to overclock. I simply asked for a good all-rounder CPU cooler without the hassle of water-cooling. I completely understand that chipset can't overclock and I am fine with it. I just want my temps to be under 60c in any condition

And the m.2 is definitely necessary. I want to put a MySQL server on it, my OS, one or two games, and my servers on it. Those server files and MySQL have craptons of tiny files, and I know the SATA interface can get in the way, thus I chose to use an m.2 SSD.

JimmyBoyUSA 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago

Even with SQL you will see very little to no improvement. Most SQL servers are using HDD (in RAID) drives due to the size of the datasets.

Any home or personal dataset that will be limited to 200GB anyway because of your M2 will see little to zero benefit.

It’s your money and of course your choice. It’s just that paring a high end K chip with a PCiE M2 on a cheap B360 just don’t make much sense (from a money perspective). Anyways good luck with your build.