• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Puall 3 days ago

What would be the best laptop for esport titles under 1000$. I've been looking at the Lenovo legion y530 with i7 and 1050ti.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

ssjg5rlly 1 point 3 days ago

You could get a laptop with an MX 150, I heard they're equal to a 1030.

hellfire19981 1 point 3 days ago

they're very close to the last gen GTX 950m's as well, but more power efficient.

hellfire19981 1 point 3 days ago

when you say "esports" what does that encompass to you? an "esport" is any video game that is played professionally like a real world sport. To me, this means a LOT of different titles. in the end, I recommend that you get something with at least the i7-7700HQ, the i5-8300H, or something better from the 8th Gen. A GTX 1050 Ti will probably be the minimum that you want, if you want this laptop to last a few years. I personally use a GTX 1060 6GB in my laptop which is capable of quite a bit, but you might not absolutely need that kind of horsepower. my advice is this: please don't buy anything with the i5-7300HQ. yes, it works fine in most titles, but you can't play GTA V reasonably, and BF1 is unplayable due to stuttering and 100% CPU usage. For a thousand $$$, you might look into the the Dell Inspiron 15 7577, the Dell G3, G5, or G7, or yeah, the Legion would be fine with the right specs. I'm using an Eluktronics brand laptop right now, and even if their case/chassis design is just a rebrand, their customer service is pretty much 2nd to none out of all the laptops I've used, so they might be worth a shot too. Good luck.

Puall submitter 1 point 3 days ago

I'm talking about games like tf2, fortnite, maybe bf1. I'm most likely not going to play at max settings though so I can get a lot of fps.

lodie187u 1 Build 1 point 2 days ago

Listing your budget would be helpful.

ifounddawey -4 points 3 days ago

nope no recommendations