• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

fluffy57 3 days ago

Is it still beneficial to choose Samsung B-die memory for Ryzen and Ryzen 2 systems? And if so, what exactly are benefits?

Comments Sorted by:

Edition1 1 Build 2 points 3 days ago

It does help. It will be similar to the difference between 2666mhz and 3000mhz give or take. Ryzen 2nd gen does benefit from it and faster ram but not as much as ryzen 1st gen so I wouldn't spend more than (roughly) $50 extra than what you would have already gone for. For ryzen 1st gen I probably would spend a bit extra though.

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/ this website is very useful if you are wondering.

fluffy57 submitter 1 point 2 days ago

Thank you!

Morgan123 1 point 3 days ago

Hello,

I see you've been reading. xD

It's just a type of RAM produced by Samsung that happens to play nicely with Ryzen processors at high clock speeds.

If you don't have Ryzen, B-Die vs E-Die vs Hynix doesn't really matter to you.

If you are rocking a Ryzen CPU and you want to reliably get your RAM to 3200 MHz, there are two sure-fire ways to get B-Die:

3200MHz RAM kits with a CL of 14 are all but guaranteed to be Samsung B-Die.

Any RAM kit rated higher than 3200MHz is guaranteed B-Die, no other memory OEM clocks their RAM that high.

B-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 8GB.

E-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 4GB.

thats all.

So:

having 16GB (2x8GB) with B-Die means you have 2 Sticks with a Single 8GB IC on it (Single Rank)

having 16GB (2x8GB) with E-Die means you have 2 Sticks with two 4GB IC's each (Dual Rank)

Hope this helps.

Vycyous 1 point 2 days ago

Morgan, do you have a good source of information for the following statement?

"Any RAM kit rated higher than 3200MHz is guaranteed B-Die, no other memory OEM clocks their RAM that high."

I'm just curious because I haven't heard or read that anywhere. To my knowledge, everything else you said is pretty much spot on.

Morgan123 1 point 2 days ago

I no longer have the source, just my saved office docs. I copy and paste a lot of articles to add into my knowledge base. I also, use the tutorial section at Tenforums.com They have a great source of information stored there.

If you find out otherwise, please let me know.

fluffy57 submitter 1 point 2 days ago

Thanks!