• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

esotken 4 months ago

I am considering my options for oc'in my gpu.

MSI Radeon RX 580 8g Armor OC

Using Afterburner, so far only tweaked the fan curve.

Full load temp is around 75c

Would oc'in farther even be wise? Do not want to hit 80. If it could be done, how would I do it and what results could I get?

Comments Sorted by:

thunder-93 1 point 4 months ago

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIT92Ynl1w

If you want to give it a shot, start by unlink/delink Power Limit & Temp Limit (uncheck the chain link), maxing Core Voltage, maxing Power Limit, maxing Fan Speed, and setting Temp Limit to 80C. Then you can continue to try/testing increasing Core Clock ... and then Memory Clock.

Results will depend on the "silicon lottery" ... you won't know until you try.

subbuguru 1 point 4 months ago

Don’t do that tutorial. I got lower FPS than stock and it will kill your gpu. I got 1475 MHz and 2100 MHz on core and memory on my rx580 Strix.

esotken submitter 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Cannot follow that video anyway, mine is a single 8pin connection.

And that example uses a card with 8+6 power.

And mine boosts up to 1366 as it is.

Mine is an 8 pin too it did it fine just that much voltage would kill your card quick

esotken submitter 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Agreed there. What settings did you wind up choosing? I know that dulplicating is not a gurantee, but at least a idea would help a ton.

Right now I’m at 1450 MHz core and 2100 MHz memory and +20 voltage

My gpu can do more but I am happy with it.

thunder-93 1 point 4 months ago

Esotken,

The video is a tutorial on how to use MSI Afterburner to overclock a GPU. Here’s another by JayzTwoCents: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEMS-B1Siw

Overclocking a GPU works the same for all GPUs ... thus my instructions/guidance to start. All GPUs can be overclocked. Also, since voltage is locked down, you won’t “kill” your GPU. Don’t take my word for it — look it up yourself. Modern GPUs are locked so that it is impossible to apply dangerous voltages. Unless you get advanced and modify the bios (which I assume you are not going to do).

Also, you asked how to tweak with MSI Afterburner, so I was just trying to answer your question. The process takes time, but is simple. ANd has nothing to do with the power to a specific GPU (8-pin, 8+6, 8+8, 6-pin, none).