• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Adn18951 2 days ago

I have a friend trying to sell me the following specs for $700. I know that I would need to buy storage. I trust the guy, but from a parts perspective would you pay $700 for a used computer with the following specs:

Intel Core i7 3930k Hexacore CPU (Overclocked to 4.00 GHz) GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card ASUS Rampage IV Formula Motherboard 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz Memory (Underclocked to 2133MHz; 2400MHz not supported by motherboard) Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt Fully Modular Power Supply Corsair H100i AIO CPU Water Cooling System ASUS Xonar Essence STX Soundcard Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Case

Thanks for your time.

Comments Sorted by:

agooglygooglr 1 point 2 days ago

Get it. RAM and GPU prices are insane and the GTX 1070 is great card for gaming. The CPU is a bit old, but it is an i7 so it should be enough for the 1070. I could probably build the same system for around $900, so I would suggest buying it

Adn18951 submitter 1 point 2 days ago

Is there a specific monitor you would you recommend to get the most out of the graphics card?

ImperiousBattlestar 1 point 2 days ago

Absolute steal. CPU still has enough kick for most modern titles and the GPU is just a strong (albeit being newer)

Is there a specific monitor you would you recommend to get the most out of the graphics card?

crichardson26 1 Build 1 point 2 days ago

With these prices gpu and ram make up 700$

crichardson26 1 Build 1 point 2 days ago

Asus VG248QE. The features it has are great. 144hz, lots of colour settings, and the stand is amazing