add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a legit version of windows 10? Retail or OEM?

ConsoleNoob567
  • 22 months ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-English-International-Flash-Drive/dp/B0111YEBY4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531678375&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+10

Do you think this is a legit version of Windows 10 for £44, fulfilled by Amazon? Currently, I just pressed skip when windows asked for the product key then signed up for the insider program to get rid of the "activate windows 10" watermark but I'm worried because apparently, the insider program is unsafe and risky :/ Should I get this or continue what I'm doing.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd avoid it, it is sold by a third party. I would only buy Win10 through a reputable retailer (if Amazon or Newegg, make sure it is shipped and sold by Amazon or Newegg, not a third party) or directly from Microsoft.

From what I know, all the insider program does is make you the beta tester because Microsoft stopped testing things themselves. You're probably going to encounter bugs, potentially severe issues, especially when you consider there are still bugs and issues in the updates they release to the public. I've not personally had any issues with Windows 10, but I have heard stories of people's machines being bricked by updates, so I would stay away from the insider program since that would only make potential issues worse.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube