add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Blue Screen of Death.....

DapperDeem
  • 19 months ago

Hello,

Looking for some assistance with a BSOD error daily in last week.

Every time i turn my PC on the first start-up i will get to desktop and be able to use for max of 2 mins then i will get BSOD. The error is system thread exception not handled.

Recent changes within last 2 weeeks.

Upgrade CPU Add a stick of ram different brand New case New used PSU

Recent things i have done to try to resolve BSOD BIOS flash update Update Nivida Driver - MSI 1060 3GB. is there more then one driver? I just use GeForce Experince App. and update it from there. Use MSI Live Update 6 to update all outdated drivers.

I am still getting BSOD., any experts comments will be much appreciated.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Things to do first – Repair Blue Screen

Disable automatic restart

In most cases, Windows 10 is configured by default to restart automatically when the STOP error occurs. In that situation, you don’t get enough time to note down the error code related to the BSOD. So, to initiate your process of fixing Windows 10 blue screen error, you need to hold the STOP error screen for some time. Here is how to do that:

Right-click This PC. Go to Properties. On the left-hand side, click Advanced System Settings. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

Now, under System Failure, untick the checkbox that says Automatically restart.

Click Ok to save and continue.

Next time, you get another BSOB, write down the "stop code" and post it here. We will try to interpret the error.

Then let you know the next step to take.

Check for Viruses

One of the causes of BSOD showing upon your Windows 10 PC is data corruption. Other than regular scenarios, the data on your computer might get corrupt due to some malware.

So, if you experience blue screen in Windows 10 more than what you can call usual, you should use some antivirus software to do a full scan of your system. Windows Defender, the default antivirus in Windows 10 can also be a good option to scan your system and repair blue screen.

Once you complete these steps post back and we can continue to troubleshoot.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for the reply.

I have done everything that you have listed below.

Here is the error

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

I ran multiple scans and use malware bytes all coming back with nothing found.

I might add this only happens when the computer is off for a certain amount of time it seems then when i turn it back on between 2-5 mins it will give me BSOD with the error above and just make a loud bur sound until i shut it off on my own.

Thanks for anymore assistance!

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, that's great! But, I 'll need a litter more information from the "stop code."

You should see something like this:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys) I'll need the complete message.

In addition, I'd like you to try something else before you reply.

Try booting into "Safe Mode" and see if it still crashes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Try booting with a "Clean Boot" and see if it crashes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If your able to stay running, complete these steps.

Run SFC /Scannow.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Run Disk Cleanup.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup

Once you complete these steps post back and we can continue to troubleshoot.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube