add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Cachey21
  • 19 months ago

Hey everyone, Just finished my first gaming PC build a few weeks ago and everything has been working great. Decided to purchase two new fans for the front of the case to help get more air flow. When I realized there was only 1 more spot for a fan, I decided to purchase one of those adapters which holds 4 fans at once. Needless to say I now have 3 fans going into this adapter and the main cord into the motherboard.

The two new fans are LED fans and when I hooked them up, everything was fine at first. But then they started blinking and cant get them to stop.

PSU is a 550W Seasonic, so dont believe it is a power issue - but any ideas?

Thanks!!

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Try unplugging some of the old fans and the fan hub your purchased, and put the LED fans on the motherboard itself. Does it still blink?

By LED, do you mean RGB fans? You may need software to control them.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, yes. RGB fans. Once the computer boots up, they stay solid for a short period then go into blinking mode. Purchased them off Amazon and didnt come with any software - let me search the companys website and see if there is something to download and control them.

Playing the PC now, but if it continues I will have to unplug and plug like you suggested above.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm... What brand is your motherboard? You may be able to obtain RGB software from your mobo manufacturer website.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello,

No more than two fans on one header.

Brand/ Model LED fans you bought?

Brand/ Model of your Motherboard?

Some other options are a 3 fan kit with fan controller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CGH9CZL/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07CGH9CZL&pd_rd_wg=7BsPf&pd_rd_r=6PRWFPHV6STNSPRGJG2H&pd_rd_w=DeVMU

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube