add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What does this mean?

cofiddle
  • 19 months ago

First off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but under my compatibility notes, it says: - The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. - The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. What does this mean, how can I fix it, and should I even be worried in the first place?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jBdndX

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

this is normal. what it means is that you have more physical connections on the board than you can have in total, they do this for flexibility.

So your motherboard has 8 SATA ports on it. But if you use the M.2 #1 slot then it will disable two SATA ports are disabled meaning you can only use 6 of the 8. Same for M.2 Slot #2. if you use that as well, you will be down to 4 SATA ports that you can use.

You may or may not be using any of your M.2 slots, but if you use both just be aware that you will only be able to connect 4 devices to the SATA ports (not 8).

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining this me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube