add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best CPU Cooler for Socket 1150?

Sheepzorable

71 months ago

I've been planning on getting a new CPU soon (4770k) and need an aftermarket cooler obviously.

I have the CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 if that helps.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Assuming you want to keep this reasonable and not get into phase change or a custom loop, a CLC like the Switech 360 or the Kraken x60 or H100i would probably be your best bet

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're going to overclock one of the best air Cooler is the Noctua NH-D14 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Just grabbed the cooler master hyper 212 evo and it brought my temps down significantly. Went from 39-40 idle to 30-32. Also rocking the storm scout 2 so I can confirm that it fits.

EDIT: forgot to mention that although the cooler does fit, in order to use all the rom slots, the intake fan on the cooler has to be mounted on the side closer to the rear of the case. I installed 2 exhaust fans on top and reversed the rear case fan to intake into the cooler for hopefully better airflow.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

respire t40, easier to install than the 212

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Easier? The 212 was pretty damn easy to install. How does it get any easier?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i have seen tons of complaints about how hard it is to install the 212

having used both the 212 and the t40 i can tell you that the t40 is indeed easier to install

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube