add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Second thoughts on Mobo

thisGuy97
  • 75 months ago

I just bought a Motherboard for my build, an ASrock z77 extreme6 but im having second thoughts. after looking deeper into customer reviews, they dont look very good. anybody have good experience with this mobo?

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I do not have personal experience with it; I exclusively use ASUS motherboards but I remember the Z77 Extreme4 was one of the most popular and highly recommended boards among OC'ers. ASRock is not very consistent, and judging by reviews on the Z87 boards nothing has changed. If you're sticking with Z77, exchange for the Extreme4.

If not, go Haswell and get a Z87 board (like the MSI G45 or GD65 gaming or ASUS Z87 Gryphon, all in same price range and very highly rated).

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

If I exchange it for the extreme4, it would take about a week longer to have a motherboard. Do you think it will be that much of an improvement?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

So I'm guessing you already have a 3570K?

From a reliability standpoint, the reviews are overwhelming in favor of the Extreme4. Keep in mind there are a lot of people who give bad reviews who either don't know what they're doing or expected other features that the board doesn't have (their own fault for not checking first).

The worst that can happen is you fire it up and nothing happens and you get it RMA'd quickly. It looks like it's got a 3yr warranty on it so unless what you saw that has you worried is a very specific problem that many others have, you will probably be fine.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

That makes me feel a bit more calm, I'll probably keep the extreme 6 then. The 3570k is in store pickup, so I'm just waiting on my mobo to start my build(can't wait!!). Thanks for your help!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube