add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installing OS with scdkey

0ZWEIL0
  • 22 months ago

I am thinking of using scdkey to purchase Windows 10 but am confused about this process. I am pretty sure that when you purchase it, the website will give you a code but what do you do after that to install Windows 10

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

It's against the PCPP forum guidelines to talk about these grey market keys. However, I will say I highly recommend your purchase a key legitimately from a reputable retailer. These marketplaces for keys often use stolen or MSDN licenses that Microsoft can (and does) often rat out. Two options to purchase a key are:

• OEM (one-time nontransferrable)

• Retail 32/64bit (transferrable)

However, to install Windows 10 itself, you need to the ISO image of Windows burnt on a USB flash drive (>=16gb). Do this using the Windows Media Creation Tool, and plugged into your new PC.

During the installation process on your shiny new rig, Windows will ask you for a product key, and you can type it in there.

Or, if you are already done with installation, you can enter a product key in settings.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Also just to mention about buying a legitimate license key is if you have to take time to save up and buy it Microsoft will allow you to run windows as a trial until you purchase it and activate it. To run the trial version is both times during the installation you can hit the skip button when it asks for a license key. Now some features in windows will be disabled (such as being able to set a wallpaper) and you will get a watermark in the bottom right corner reminding you to activate windows until you do so. This is something that Microsoft allows as they themselves built that into their windows installer that you can get directly from them as jakeSpot as left links for.

I did this very thing with my Black Ice HTPC build when I built it. I could not afford to buy windows right away so I ran the trial version until I could afford to buy the license and have it activated. Now it is running a legitimate windows license. Though for which version you need Home vs Pro I would recommend any home PC to run Home version. The added features in pro are work environment related dealing with business networks and administrator control which does not apply to 99.99% of home users. So even if the price is close that extra amount spent on pro is for something I can bet you will never use.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

You enter the fraudulent code you purchased and wait to realize you got scammed when it deactivates the key on you. Any channel that promotes it is being paid to and imo total trash since they knowingly promoted a non legit site in return for mnoey.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I am pretty sure that when you purchase it, the website will give you a code

I'd love to know how you can type this and not view it as a huge red flag.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube