add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
iglitch2win
  • 19 months ago

I recently just switched out my power supply and reseated my ram but in the process I didn't plug in one of my sticks properly. When I booted up today I noticed my game was stuttering and looked towards my memory and realized I only had 4 gigs instead of the normal 8. Now when I plug in my second stick my computer boots for a few seconds then turns and repeats this. It boots up with 4.

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Hello,

If moving the sticks around doesn't fix it.

Download and install Memtest64, to check your sticks for errors. Place the number "8" into the "Loops" box. Test each stick at least 8 loops. Remove all but one stick. Test all sticks, one by one, in each slot. Any stick with errors is bad.

https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/

Try resetting CMOS , could be a Memory Controller issue. Refer to Motherboard manual for procedure.

Or one of your Motherboard's RAM slots are failing, which could be down to slightly bent pins in the CPU socket for example.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I had this problem, try to see if they are fully pushed in, and if that doesn't work try switching the ram sticks around into the other previous ram stick's spot. Sorry if that's confusing.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

To clarify, it has the stuttering on bootup, and shows 4gb even with the whole 8gb plugged in?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube