add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC Build - Everything Running but No Signal on Monitor - HELP!!

Dookie89
  • 19 months ago

New PC builder here so any help would be greatly appreciated! I completed my first PC build yesterday. When I turn it on, everything lights up and seems to be working (MOBO lights, RGB RAM, CPU RGB Fan, Case RGB Fans, etc) but the monitor says no signal. Each time I turn the PC on, everything revs up for a second or two, completely shuts off, then turns on again and stays on. Does anyone know why this could be happening? I just want to use my new PC! PLEASE HELP!

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c4DCD2

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Please make sure that you are connecting your video to the outputs on the back of your GPU, not the ones on the IO for your motherboard.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

So, you say you completed the build. Meaning you installed Windows then this happened afterwards?

Or you never got the chance to install Windows because the PC will not Post, and shuts down shortly after powering up with no video output.

If your graphics card requires a power cable, make sure you have that connected.

Next, would be to check the Ram, shut down, remove all but one Ram stick. Power up, see if there's video output, if not, keep shutting down and switching the same Ram stick to the different slots until you've tried them all. Repeat with a second Ram stick.

Let us know what happened

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube