add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My computer keeps shutting off

Noob3888

18 months ago

Hi I’m a noob on all computers honestly, I got no money to see a computer professional so this is my best bet I bought a CYBERPOWER on the internet two years ago and fairly recently my computer has been randomly shutting down , I looked around on google to see the problem and it says the temperature of the computer could be to blame, so I checked the temperature on Powerfan and the CPU fan was reaching to 98c just on idle. I’ve switched to power saving mode which lowered the temperature, but each day the temperature keeps getting higher and higher and I want to replace the CPU fan but my question is I don’t know what fan my computer needs specifically so if anyone could help me in my time of need I would appreciate it

Here are the Specs if you need it

Brand CyberPowerPC

Form Mid Tower

Condition New

Operating System Windows 10

Video Game Platform PC

Model GUA3400W

Features Gaming Desktops

RAM Memory 8 GB

Processor Speed 4.10 GHz

Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB

Processor Type AMD Vishera FX-6300 Processor

Color Red, Black

Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 18.90 x 7.60 x 18.40 Inches

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you comfortable opening the case and doing an inspection?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I usually open it every month to clean up the visible dust inside the computer, I don’t detach any cables to clean though.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

How many fans are in your case, and how many are working? Sounds like youve identified it as a heat problem.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

If all you need is a new fan, then you should be able to remove the non-working model and describe it? Let us know.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

You said it was RANDOM, but were your idle temps are staggering.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube