add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which motherboard for the AMD x4 760k?

sstumpf
  • 75 months ago

I am building a budget gaming PC, I am looking at getting the AMD x4 760k. Which motherboard would be a good option for this?

1. I need something that will run richland out of the box, I read some of the Motherboards need updated bios with a trinity CPU, I dont have that option.

2. I just need a basic but good quality motherboard, dont need all the features. as long as it has a PCIe port and a few sata ports it will work fine.

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe this one. It's a FM2+ so you'll be able to upgrade to Kaveri and it comes with free Battlefield 4. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130746

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, that was the one I was looking at.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

It has the A55 chip. You'll miss some important features like SATA 6Gbps ports.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

This one is good deal now. It's 63$ comes with BF4 and it's full of features including VRMs with heatsink for better overclocking.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-a88xg43

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

That one is now $82, I requested a price and that is what I got.

I know it is a55 chipset. I really am not worried about the sata 6gbps or the usb 3.o.

Just want to know if the a55 will work out of the box with the richland CPU. Because I read that some motherboards have to be updating with trinity. Which I cant do.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

It should work. This CPU was released like 8 months ago so new motherboards coming out of the factory must have compatible BIOS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube