add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pc won’t stay on!?

RoyaltyHD

18 months ago

Okay, first I have had my pc for about 4 years now and the build seemed pretty stable almost no issues. But recently I unplugged my power supply cord from the wall outlet and I went and plugged it back in... well it didn’t turn on. I thought maybe it was the power supplies last days and decided to die, but I hooked up a different one and had the same issue. I took out my mother board and tried a very similar one to what I had ( I have a Asrock Z97 killer fatal1ty) but replaced it with the older version ( the Z87 killer) and my computer started to run for a while. I thought everything was fine, but yet again the pc randomly shut of again and won’t boot up. The fans still run, the power supply lights are on indicating it’s running as well, as long as my video card. I’m wondering if my cpu is overheating or could it be something with my hard drives or video card. Possibly the ram? I honestly don’t know what to do anymore. Please help!

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a post beep code speaker on the motherboard?

Have you tried disconnecting the storage drives and see if it will post.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube