add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer Acting Strangely After Switching to Ryzen

_Stripes_

18 months ago

Hi all. So I bought myself some new parts to get rid of my i3 and got a Ryzen 5 2600X along with an Asus Strix B-350F Gaming with the BIOS updated for Zen 2. Ever since I installed the new motherboard and CPU my computer has been performing weirdly. Raw performance is just fine, though again, it's been doing some odd things.

First thing I noticed was that on boot up, the screen turns on and off around 6 or 7 times before taking me to the boot drive selection screen, which I've been trying to get rid off. Can't seem to figure out how to to remove the Windows partition off of my old hard drive.

Secondly, my Corsair peripherals have been resetting to their default color schemes despite CUE being open.

Thirdly, my mouse locks up for a second or two on the desktop every once in a while. Again, no idea what's causing it. I updated all of my Corsair peripherals and the problem persists.

And lastly, what made me start up a new topic, is that all of my USB devices connected to my computer reset. My Wi-FI adapter, mouse, keyboard, and mousepad. I heard a disconnect sound and a connect sound back to back.

Anyone know what's causing all of this to happen?

Here's my part list

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

To remove the other partition i suggest a program called Minitool Partition Wizard. You can delete, edit or more partitions with it

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

After a mobo switch, I strongly advise completely reinstalling Windows.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I did that. Installed Windows fresh onto a 120GB SSD.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Hmm... Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Cool. Keep us updated! (Delete the old Windows partition as well)

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I found out there were BIOS updates available. After updating it I think the problems have been solved ^

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube