add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Kraken X60, Kraken X40, and G10

dylanweber

71 months ago

I'm currently running a system that is completely air cooled, but I'm thinking of completely watercooling everything. I was originally planning to do a custom watercooling loop, but it was a big hassle to have to clean it after a while. I already knew of the NZXT G10, and I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to watercool my machine without any big hastle. Originally, I wanted to use Corsair's H75 for my GPU and H105 for my CPU, but in order to have the H75 in the front, I would need longer than 30 cm of tubing. I looked at NZXT's coolers, and saw they had 40 cm of tubing, which would be a little over just what I needed for my GPU (if I were to install the radiator in the front, which would be the optimal position if I were to do an SLI and need 2 coolers for 2 GPUs, and I'd need a second space for another radiator where the front of my case has two 140mm fan mounts).

In the end, I'd decided I would need a Kraken X60 for my CPU (Intel Core i7 4770K), and a Kraken X40 + G10 for my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780) all being cooled by Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans. My main questions are:

1. Can I install two 140mm radiators next to each other in the front of the Fractal Design Arc XL?
  2. Will I have any fan or airflow issues having air come from 2 140mm radiators in the front and exhaust through another 280mm radiator on the top? I'll have an additional 140mm fan putting air into the system from the back.

Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Im glad I saw something like this because I was thinking about the same thing for my build. You will be able to fit the two 140mm rads in the front and your airflow should be all good in the hood.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube