• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

KrishnaSandeep 6 months ago

I currently have a lenovo y5070 (i7-4710HQ and GTX 860M) connected to a Dell UHD monitor at 60Hz refresh rate. The laptop doesn't have HDMI 2.0 and so I get a max refresh rate of 30Hz while playing Age of Mythology in FHD. I really love the game and want to be able to get the max my monitor can offer - UHD at 60Hz. I know 1080 is perfectly sufficient for that. However, I also want to buy HTC Vive and play some games - I don't know what games or what type - but I know I am not very crazy about the refresh rate. A max of 90Hz should be fine on even the most demanding games. Should I go for 1080Ti or restrict myself to 1080 in a new PC build?

Comments Sorted by:

BuilderPcpart 1 Build 1 point 6 months ago

All up to you the 1080 sounds perfect for your needs and if you have the money get a ftw 1080 and give it a nice OC

KrishnaSandeep submitter 1 Build 1 point 6 months ago

Thank you! You just saved me about $250 :)

LostElement 7 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

That’s a laptop just by googling the name.

You can’t add a GTX 1080 to a laptoo unless you use a GPU dock, which requires USB thunderbolt. I don’t believe that laptop comes with it.

KrishnaSandeep submitter 1 Build 1 point 6 months ago

I am sorry for not making it clear in my post. I am going for a new PC build and will have a 1080 in it :)

LostElement 7 Builds 1 point 6 months ago

Oh, then yeah. A 1080 is more than fine.