add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MY cpu is overheating from boot

FluffyButDeadly
  • 18 months ago

So I just built my first pc earlier today and i booted it up and it worked the first time the only problem was that I had was the in the bios within seconds of booting my cpu was already at 90 c. have maxed out the fan speed and it is still was having the issue pls help me hers my partlist https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vZh66s got to go eat diner

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 4 points

1st guess would be there is a film on the cooler that you forgot to remove before installing it so that there is plastic between the cpu and cooler.

2nd guess would be that the pump isn't working. Either because DOA or maybe missed plugging in something during installation.

3rd guess would be gnomes... but they usually go for underpants instead of your pc.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the good laugh!

I'd like to add that you may want to try and remount the cooler (and reapply some thermal paste). It may have been previously mounted badly or not tight enough.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Check AIO pump, can you hear it running? Make sure it is connected to the water pump or CPU header.

Feel the pump hoses, can you feel any circulation.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure that all wires are connected on the cooler: pump, and that both fans are connnected to the motherboard or a fan hub.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube