add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 350D Question

Ghostwalker

69 months ago

I'll soon build a system using the Corsair 350D paired with an Asus Maximus VI Gene and Corsair H110. Will these all fit together? I've searched the internet and the H110 seems to be fitting at the limit, but I haven't seen it paired with the Gene and I'm afraid the motherboard heatsinks/4pin CPU power connector will get in the way.

I also understand that the 350D + Gene + H100i is guaranteed to work but I don't need the Corsair Link and the H100i is louder than the H110. (Well, so the internet says, I haven't compared them personally). Would you recommend the H110 or the H100i? The H110 also cools slightly better by a few degrees as far as I know.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's a build that uses the same components, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. I can't comment on the loudness of the H110, though I'd guess that it uses the same OEM fans as the H100i. They're not too bad for noise, and you can always replace them for quieter ones e.g. SP120 QE or Noctua's.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for link! Didn't see it when I searched. The fans on the H100i are SP120 and are "like jet engines" according to a review. The H110's ones rev much lower so they're quieter.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube