add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions for a more silent rig on a budget?

RedSparr0vv

71 months ago

Just wanting some suggestions on any good fans anyone has that run fairly quiet at full speed, the ones that came with my case are loud

Also please try suggest cheaper options as just spent over budget on my pc ????

Also looking into water cooling for CPU and possibly GPU.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 5 points

Noctua and Scythe.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Scythe in particular is rated very quiet and is rather cheap. I'd give them a go.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd go with what Warlock suggested. Some other case fan ideas could be Be Quiet! case fans and the Corsair Air Series AFxxx Quiet Edition fans. You might also want to take a look at these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052 as they offer a low decibel level and also at a very good price.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

you want cheap but want to water cool? thats not cheap.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Not necessarily, you can go AIO for 40-50.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

im going on the assumption that the OP was talking about a custom loop because he said he might want to include the GPU into the watercooling process. custom loops can be cheap but are still more expensive then i think the OP would want to spend. ive only done a little bit of research but the cheapest loop ive seen for cpu & gpu was about 175. not really a "cheap" solution. but the OP could go with AIO for everything which would include the use of the kraken g10, and even then with the 2 coolers and the g10 the cheapest you could possibly get would be about 100-110.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

A custom loop for GPU and CPU would cost more than 175 as the two blocks alone would be more than 150, I'd say...

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

alright, maybe i read wrong, but either way they arent a cheap option.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, missed the part about the GPU.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

coolmaster glacier 240l is expandable to the cpu and gpu runs 129 built by swiftech and coolermaster only difference is pump is 3500rmp.Great system just like my h220 swiftech. fans this may sound weird by i have 3 cooljag fans for 2yrs now single and strong airflow.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help everyone, ended up going with noctua d14 for CPU and got some fractal silent series 120mm fans for case

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube