add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help comparing 3 motherboards

Darkchief117
  • 75 months ago

I'm currently working on building my second machine (last one was six years ago). I'm comfortable navigating the waters of any computer hardware except for motherboards, I'm pretty clueless what to look for when it comes to those. My build will be using an i7 4770k with ddr3 1600 RAM, and I'm looking to spend around $120-$130 on the mobo.

I've narrowed it down to these three, but I keep getting scared off by all the DoA reviews on any motherboard I look at. Any recommendations?

ASRock Z87 Extreme4

ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Killer

MSI Z87 G45

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I would get the fatal1ty killer and out of me and 3 friends non of us have ever received a doa product hope this help ease some of your fear.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the Killer and it's a fantastic mobo for the price. I don't have experience with the other two, but I love the look of the G45 over the Extreme for sure.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea definitely leaning towards the Killer or G45 because my build has a red color scheme. Glad to hear two good opinions about the Killer. I'm sure the DoA reviews I keep reading are a minute percentage out of the actual shipped mobos. I'm used to reading those for parts I'm familiar with I'm sure its just affecting me more since I'm unfamiliar with motherboards.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I just used the Extreme4 in a build and am very happy with it, but I also got it for much cheaper and was aiming for a mostly black build. I don't think there are $15 worth of differences between it and the Fatal1ty Killer and if you're going for the black and red, the MoBo colors are very important for aesthetics.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube