add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nvidia 1080 TI not detecting

s01ja

18 months ago

I just completed a new build but I am having issues with my EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card.

Everything works except for the GPU. The GPU lights are one meaning it has power but is not detected in the bios, device manager, or my nvidia driver install. I've tried several different methods to correct this including: 1. Updating the bios. 2. Using DDU to uninstall both intel and nvidia graphics drivers. 3. Moving GPU from PCIeX16 slot 1 to 2.

The build is the following specs: CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB (3 pack w/Lighting Node PRO) 47.3 CFM 120mm Fans Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB (3 pack w/Lighting Node PRO) 47.3 CFM 120mm Fans

Any help would be much appreciated. I really hope I did not get a DOA GPU.

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

In the BIOS there is a setting whether to use the integrated graphics or the dedicated graphics card. Find it (use the manual), and see what it is. Default/Auto should pick the dedicated card. So it may be set to integrated graphics only. If it's not, try setting it to the dedicated graphics card.

Also, you can put the GPU into a different computer and see if it works there.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure if you are talking about the Primary Monitor setting in the bios. I set this to dedicated graphic card and it still displays on the integrated graphics card. When you look at the graphics PCIe in bios, it shows No VGA in both PCIe slots.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I checked bios again to see if it held the configuration. It reverts the SA->Graphics->Primary Monitor back to auto after I save and exit. It is probably doing this because there is no dedicated GPU detected.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

At this point, you should really try to test the GPU in a different computer. Friends, family, if you don't have another PC.

Did you get it from a trusted source?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the input Shakaron!

I got it from B&H which is a trusted source, I'd say.

I RMA'd it just now and will probably get a new one within a week or so. I have a friend who has a 1080 lying around and I'm going to try and install that today. I'm really hoping its not a mobo issue as I don't want to have to rebuild everything. I just spent 3 hours managing all the cables in the back.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say anouther bad Asus motherboard. You could try the other slot for the card.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you know, my friends 1080 works as expected. Thanks to everyone for the comments. When it doubt, try to replace the part with another. QC on these parts are laughable.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube