add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

maximizing gaming performance on MSI z370 mobo

john.moloney
  • 18 months ago
  • MSI Z370 mobo
  • GTX 1070 8 gb 6 core GPU
  • 8600K CPU
  • 2x 8 gb DDR4 3200 Ram

Just built my computer and now I want to optimize before playing. There are tons of utilities to install. What is necessary and what should I be using? Like I noticed in my bios that my ram is only operating at like 2133 instead of its capable 3200 speed. What should I be doing to maximize my part capabilities?

• x boost
  • xmp profile
  • fast boot
  • dpc latency tuner
  • command center
  • smart tool
  • super charger
  • network genie
  • app manager
  • live update
  • mystic light
  • toast server
  • ramdisk

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

You will want to update drivers as the very first thing you do. You will want GPU, BIOS, NIC, and all Windows updates (it might say you are up to date, but manually check and you will have something) then there are people on Youtube like TechYesCity that have a few different videos about optimizing Windows for gaming. Give him a look and see if that is what you are looking for.

-x boost - I think it is the auto OC utility -XMP - if you set the RAM to xmp it should run at the labeled speed instead of the 2133 base - fast boot - skips some things like the splash screen to shave a few seconds off of the boot time - dpc latency - I think this is the latency for RAM - command center - I believe this is the advanced section of the BIOS where you will do all of your OCing - ramdisk - this allows you to use your extra RAM as a super fast HDD

the other stuff I'm not sure about

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube