add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

new pc build no video

tyrant3927

18 months ago

I just finished building my first pc and there's no video showing. I know the hdmi cable works so it's not that. Here is my build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HtNcgw The motherboard lights up, the cpu, and fans work. For now I took off the rx 580 and it still won't show. I've made sure the psu cables are fully connected on the motherboard, both of them. I've moved the ram around and still nothing. I took a couple pictures but not sure how to upload them. Also, the motherboard says it's ryzen 2000 ready so I dont know if its the bios. Please help.

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

OK so I have no idea what I did but it finally showed and I have installed windows 10. Now, I have put the rx-580 back in the motherboard and still works. So how do I tell if the computer is using the rx-580 ? In the bios I put the primary video device to the PC-I card but it wont display if I use the rx-580's hdmi.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

... it wont display if I use the rx-580's hdmi.

Means video card is not functioning.

Shut the system down. Disconnect the PC power cord from the outlet/surge protector/UPS.
Clear the CMOS as instructed in your mobo manual,
Check the 8-pin power connection of the video card,
Connect HDMI connector to video card,
Turn on system to test.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks ! Did exactly that and it worked.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube