add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Im getting really sick of this slow pc

Smokem

18 months ago

Gettin real sick of this 800$ slug i spent weeks saving up for

i built this pc about 2 weeks ago and there is so much ******** going on with it right now like holy **** is it slow. everything takes at least a full minute to open and now im deactivating programs with ****** WMI provider like corsair service and malwarebytes with all these ****** error codes that i have to search through because WMI is using 10% of my ****** CPU usage. ive had nothing but **** go wrong with this ****** pc oh and now my fan leds (corsir ll120) are choppy as **** im assuming because my computer cant even ****** deal with them oh **** nevermind they just wejnt default rainbow holy **** im going to throw this pc out the ****** window

EDIT: just timed how long it took to open HW Monitor got it at a solid 2 minutes 3 seconds

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like a slow HDD.

What's your full parts list?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmQcY

im only using an m.2 ssd 256gb

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

That's an NVME ssd so I don't see how it could be the storage, any number of things could be happening here, that 560 might be bottlenecking the R5 1600, the motherboard might be faulty, you could be dealing with screen tearing from your monitor, your CPU might have been on the wrong side of the silicon lottery, your memory might be too slow to take full advantage of Ryzen, to be honest, I don't know what is going on with your build, but these are my best guesses.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. idk if its a bottleneck i dont understand how that works please explain how it might be that (this sounds sarcastic but i genuinely dont know how tf bottlenecking works)

2. i dont think its the motherboard because everything runs fine on it ive only started having these problems recently after i installed all the **** on my computer like steam and stuff

3. dont think its a bad cpu because its running at 3.7ghz 1.3v with a stock cooler and never passes 73C

4. memory is overclocked to 2733 at 1.35v

5. it doesnt seem like screen tearing because ive never seen any fragmentations or anything wrong with the monitor especially while gaming

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I was just listing any possible thing it could be, not that any of them are totally likely, but a bottleneck is when something of low power like a GPU or CPU slows down the other parts of the PC, so if you have say, a GT 210 mixed with an 8700K, your CPU will be slowed down a lot due to the extremely low power of the GPU. This is a basic definition, I don't know the whole thing.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's what I recommend you try:

Full reinstall of windows. Clear everything from the SSD and reinstall windows. Have only essential programs on the SSD, don't fill it too much otherwise it'll slow down.

Hardware wise, there's no reason for a slowdown. You have sufficient memory, a powerful CPU, and an NVMe drive. So something is causing a slowdown.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

WMI provider host is using 11% of cpu usage and sometimes when i wait the full 20 minutes for my pc to restart it runs fast as **** and WMI only uses a fraction of that, until i power it off for the day and start it up again, then WMI is using 11% like i said and everything goes to ****, when looking at cpu usage rn the top 3 users are WMP 11-15% lighting service (i think part of asus aura) 8-9% and steam client bootstrapper 2-5%

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

ive read about disabling programs that cause errors in WMI using event viewer and task manager services to find the PID number and ive disabled a few programs and it made my computer faster but WMI is still using up 11-15% of my cpu

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd make a recovery disk and completely reinstall windows from that. Your PC may not be able to reinstall through the OS since its so slow so get a separate USB stick (at least 16 GB) and use this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 to download the .iso file. Do not use it to format the USB stick in order to make a recovery disc. Instead, use Universal USB Installer https://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.8.3.exe to install the iso onto the USB stick you have. Then reboot your PC and boot from the USB stick.

Scratch that, you should have used one of these anyway to install windows, just use that instead.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

thats my last resort ill do that if everything fails

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube