add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB on Z370e fails

trylaarsdam
  • 18 months ago

Hello there,

I recently purchased a z370-e from Asus, and now I have encountered a deathly problem ;). All my RGB stopped working. I know, its a humoungous problem, but I want to get it fixed. Seeing as the support for this specific mobo makes me feel like a beta-tester, I have no leads to fix this, except for a few tutorials for the z170-e which I'm not confident will work with a 2-gen newer board. Hoping I don't have to RMA (I can't return the board, its too old now), and I'd probably keep it anyways since I have an RGB hub that can adapt to the 4-pin cables for RGB that still works (its over usb2 not a 4pin or 3pin RGB header).

Even the mobo's included strip won't light, both in on and off states. I've tried toggling the UEFI settings for the RGB headers and the included strip to "on" and "off" on both settings and in all combinations, but to no avail. Also have tried re-installing AURA software, but still no luck. Have had the integrated lighting flicker exactly once after I wiggled a few wires inside after it failed the first time.

Would appreciate any suggustions (don't worry, I'm not panicing, yet)

Sys spec: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/trylaarsdam/saved/jMf6XL

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you able to check the voltage pin on the connector? I'm guessing there won't be any voltage there...

There are two RGB Headers on that MB, have you tried both of them?

Here is the manual page with the RGB Header info...

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I’m using both pins right now. Haven’t been able to check voltage yet

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube