add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC turns off after about 30 seconds of turning on and no boot screen

Jonny100
  • 18 months ago

Just built a new pc and it doesn’t boot but the fans and everything spin up but turn off and on after 30 seconds repeatedly I have redocked the memory and GPU any have any tips/fix for this don’t want to have to lose out on all that money. Please respond to this it would be appreciated

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

My initial thought is a thermal issue. Check that the CPU has thermal paste applied appropriately. If you have a 3rd party cooler then make sure the plastic film is taken off the bottom of the cooler. Make sure that the CPU fan is plugged in. Also make sure that the fan is seated properly and completely as not doing that can prevent contact with the CPU. Try this and let me know.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have any tips on testing temps for the cpu since the pc isn’t booting I can’t check the temps on there

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can get into the BIOS with a function key (F11 or F12 usually) it should give you a temp. If you can't get into the BIOS then just try to do those steps and then see if you can get to the OS.

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

There are multiple factors at play there. Some MOBOs have higher allowances for temps/ shutdown. The CPU might just not be that powerful and not get hot enough in general to shut down a system. Depending on how much is starting at start up could determine the load the CPU is immediately under. I would say to start with the temps as a solution and if that isn't it then move onto other solutions and work your way from more common/ easy to fix to more obscure/ harder to fix.

[comment deleted]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m going to try all of these either tomorrow or Saturday and let you guys know how it goes thanks for your help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube