add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ohh here we go with the display probs

rical8
  • 18 months ago

I ve seen so many people hsving trouble with their pc starting up but wont load into windows or show anything on the monitor in general. Im one of them now.. Crosshair vi extreme . Ryzen 7 1800x . Gigabyte gtx1080 . I built this pc like 2 weeks ago. Pc had some booting probs at start but i had the ram in 1.3 slots. Changed em. Installed new cpu cooler correctly (be quiet 4 pro) the mountin of the whole thing was not installed correctly and the cpu cooler was not completely pushed with cpu paste and it was giving me weird temps. ( did not game at all b4 i fixed it and temps didnt go above 75C .. was testin for about 2 hours b4 i figured it out) . After fixing it. I installed latest bios. Reduced auto voltage for cpu (or w.e its called) from bios options.. cause it would ayto oc to 4.1 with absurd voltage. Its now at 1.35 (3.8ghz) i set my ram (g skill tridentz 16 gb 3200mhz) to 3200. And everything worked fine for a week until yday. (Cpu temps while gaming for hours was 72 MAX) (gpu 73 MAX, 71 while gamin for hours.) I came home from work yday i tried booting but only the fans spin but it wont show anything on my monitor) and on the motherboard it gives an 8 code. Any help??

Edit: cpu and mobo is second hand . I bought it from a guy that had liquid cooling . And hes a bit lunatic about his things working like its new. So i highly doubt he gave me faulty stuff.. but i dunno. Gpu is also second hand but didnt have any issues and i changed the paste in it too

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking it up, error code 8 seems to have to deal with ram.

I would suggest resetting your ram settings to default and see if that fixes it. It could be as simple as a bad setting.

Other options:

Full flash and redo bios

Worst case your ram is toast

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply. Damn .. my ram is new though ... how do i reset if i cant get in in bios?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I have never owned an Asus board, so I do not know, but on my MSI board there are overclock profiles. Simply switching to a unused one will effectively reset everything to default.

Another option is to trip the cmos jumper on the motherboard. Will have to consult the manual for location.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a tiny white button that says reset. I pressed that. It resets and it was working yday.. now even with that it just pops 8 code and wont boot into windows. I checked asus ram compatibility. And my ram isnt listed. Could that be it?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it definately could. Those compatability lists are based off the ram kits that have been tested, so they should work.

If you bought the ram from Amazon, Newegg, etc you should ( I hope) be able to request a return and replace from customer service to get a kit of same preformance that is on the list.

I am sorry its not an easy fix!

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately i didnt buy from either. I bought it from a local shop mid august. Do you think pumping up ram voltage ( maybe 1-2 ticks) might do the trick?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube