add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Are these temps normal for Ryzen 5 2600?

dekadancer

17 months ago

Hi, I have recently built a new system:

*Ryzen 5 2600 with the stock cooler

*Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming3

*Aorus RX580 8G

*CoolerMaster MasterBox Q300L with 2 front intake 120mm fans and 1 120 exhaust back fan

The case is sitting in a cabinet with around 10 cm space from sides and 20-30 cm from front and back. I removed all of the aesthetic covers from the case, so its just perforated metal on the front and top.

I'm seeing temps of 43-44C on Idle with the cabinet door open. Is this normal? How can I stress test and check how much my setup is heating up?

Comments

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip.

I stressed tested the CPU and memory with AIDA64 for 64 for 20 minutes and the temps were running 77-80C.

The stress test of the GPU reached similar temps.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that Tdie or Tctrl? if it doesn't say it's probably Tctrl which is pinned to 10C higher than Tdie. A Tctrl of 77-80 doesn't bother me at all. Sustained Tdie of 77-80C is mildly concerning but then that is a pretty stiff test.

Your idle temps are a bit high but not crazy high. Does the cabinet have any rear exhaust, or someplace for warm air to go besides out the front? Maybe some bottom and rear vent holes are in order, possibly even a rear fan of some sort.

The 2600 stock cooler is just OK, but I wouldn't change it out for those temps unless you are hitting mid-70's (Tctrl) sustained for hours on end in normal operation. And then I'd make sure the cabinet had proper airflow before changing the cooler.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube