add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080 display port not working

shrabster

17 months ago

I just built my first pc which has the msi geforce gtx 1080 and have an AOC 35 inch g-sync curved monitor. When I turn on the the computer with the monitor on and display port connected, it displays fine. However, whenever I switch to HDMI mode on the monitor and then switch back to display port, it fails to display saying no signal. Same thing happens if I unplug and replug the cable, and also happens if computer goes into standby. Once signal is lost I can't get it back. Only time I can get it to display is if the monitor is already on before I start the pc.

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

My initial thought is that it is an input mode on the monitor. Switching between the Displayport and HDMI should be auto detected, but maybe not. I would check the cable initially, just to make sure the cable is not messed up and moving it isn't coincidentally causing this. I would also check the manual and the built in options to check if it is a feature.

Upon initially reading this I am wondering why you need to switch the modes? If you go into the settings of your OS and you can set it to not go to sleep/ standby. While this could be annoying it would be a fix.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube