add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need some advice.

sd2000
  • 87 months ago

I have been trying to decide on a build for my new HTPC and I have made a lot of different builds and I recently discovered that instead of two PCI slots I need two PCI Express 1x slots and they need to be as far away from the video card slot as possible so as to not block cooling of the video card. I would prefer an AMD board that is compatible with FX-8350 but if I can't locate that an Intel board compatible with Intel Core i5-3570K would work as well. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 2 points

You need to be more specific. Do you mean that you want a case in which the videocard wouldn't be up against the side of the case in a way that is blocking the gpu fan?

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

well I actually figured it out I can put the pci-e 1x card in the extra graphics card slots pci-e x8 or x16. Thank You for reading so far in the forums :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube